• Doctor of Science, George Washington University, Computer Science
• Special Degree, (postgraduate degree) UCLA, Operation Research
• Master of Science, UCLA, Electronic Circuits
• Master of Science, Tehran University, Electrical Engineering
• Bachelor of Science, Tehran University, Electrical Engineering
Dr. Hossein Besharatian has executive management and technical experience in program and business development with the focus in systems engineering, telecommunication, and information technology area. He is an Information Technology professional with expertise in:
• System Development Life Cycle (SDLC),
• Business Process Reengineering (BPR),
• Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP),
• Project Management,
• Quality Control,
• Quality Assurance,
• Enterprise Architecture (EA) Planning and Development,
Result-oriented with proven ability motivate others to achieve organizational goals. Additional experience includes 30+ years of extensive managerial and technical experience with customer support, training, business development, technical marketing, sales support, and project management. Possess excellent experience in teaching and lecturing in the area of Information Technologies, and Artificial Intelligence.
At the capacity of associate campus dean for Computer and Information System (CIS) , he assists in faculty recruitment; assign faculty to scheduled classes; conduct faculty orientation to university polices and procedures; and prepare course schedules for the department and presently he is teaching Information technologies and system development courses.
Selected Related Publications by Dr. Besharatian:
1. H. Besharatian, "Network Design Methodology for Local Distribution Network, COMPCON, fall 83.
2. H. Besharatian, "A Methodology for the Design of Reliable Communication networks and flow assignment in distributed processing networks", (using linear programming and statistical modeling techniques) 8th Data Comm. Symposium, Oct. 1983.
3. H. Besharatian, A Software Package Tool for Planning and Designing Hybrid Data Communication Networks", (using linear programming and statistical modeling techniques), MTEL-2941-0686-sp-3838.
4. H. Besharatian, Integrated Network Design Optimization System", MTEL-4255
5. H. Besharatian, "A Methodology of Reliability Evaluation of Distributed Processing System.” (Using linear programming and statistical modeling techniques), Total Systems Reliability Symposium, Dec. 1983.
6. H. Besharatian, "An approach to the Design of Reliable Cellular Radio Network for the Metropolitan Area Network (MAN)”, (using linear programming and statistical modeling techniques for Cellular Radio and wireless networks), ICC June 1985.
7. H. Besharatian, "Packet Switched Performance Parameters Definition" M/A-COM Telecommunication Division, Version 1.0, Feb. 1985.
8. H. Besharatian, “Application of Integrated Control Systems for Improved Protection, Security and Reduced Maintenance Cost of Pipelines”, ASCE Pipeline International Conference, 2003.
9. H. Besharatian, “Open Architecture Command Control Communications & Collaborative Intelligent (OA-C4I) solution for proactive infrastructure protection and management”, SPIE conference 2003.
10. H. Besharatian “A Study of Virtual Educational Systems and Distance Learning in a Global Context”, a joint research paper to be published in 2008.